Thursday 27 May 2010

Shi Raaz Fine Indian Cuisine @ Flinder's Lane, Melbourne


It's been a week since Ms Peachia left us... for our final meal together, we went to Shi Raaz fine Indian Cuisine on the corner of Flinders Lane and William Street...


I've passed it by many times, but never thought anything about it.. which is odd since I LOVE Indian food (when my mum was pregnant with me, she had Banana Leaf rice (Msian Indian Cuisine) nearly everyday for 3 weeks, or so the story goes)


My first impressions of walking in was... "Gosh, this is a posh restaurant!"


It was quite busy (Thursday lunchtime)


We gave our orders for various versions of Lemon, Lime and Bitters, which confused the poor waitress and she showed her disdain.. (I wasn't very impressed with her attitude)...


For Lunch, Shi Raaz offers great values and choices...

As a bunch, we ordered the Thali special (sized up) $17.50, they have a smaller option for $14.50


The Thali special comprises of Chicken Tika, Samosa, Chicken Korma and Lamb Rogan Josh (The beef option was changed because of me!)

I was a bit embarassed, but luckily no one complained... *pheww*


Also with it was saffron rice and roti...and a Papaadam... I love Papaadams...

Absolutely great value and the taste was pretty authentic as well.. I shall return another day with a completely empty stomach as I couldn't finish the $17.50 option (much too much food!)



*Disclaimer: All food ratings are purely based on my own experiences and how I feel about the service, food and quality

Food/ Cuisine: Indian
Overall Food Rating: 7/10
Restaurant ambiance: 7/10
Service/ Attitude: 6/10 (Could have been better in terms of attentiveness)
Value for money: 8/10

Address:
22 William Street (and Flinders Lane)
Melbourne VIC 3000

Tel:(03) 9629 6484

Fax: (03)9620 1928

Email: admin@shiraaz.com.au

Website:http://www.shiraaz.com.au

Shi Raaz is open
for lunch from Mon-Fri from 12-2pm
and
for dinner from Mon-Sat from 5.30pm-10pm


How to get there:

View Larger Map

3 comments:

  1. I've never had Indian food at a fine-dining place. The food you had looks like anything served at a non fine-dining restaurant but yummy nevertheless. I would probably go for the smaller Thali when I go... but I can imagine it to still be pretty filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That upsized thali looks huge! Usually they're quite large but that looks almost like a buffet table :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libishki: It was like walking into and getting displaced... so think ... walking into a Bismi or a Rich Maha but a fine dining setting.. very interestingly confusing...

    Lorraine (Did I get it right?): It was huge!!!! I thought my colleagues were a bit nuts when they said it was not enough or just nice... I would have been happy with less... =)

    ReplyDelete

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts