Monday 31 May 2010

Meeeoooowwww... the Persian Prince

NOTE: Some Spoilers ....

It's been a while since I've done one of these... and it seems that I only do movie reviews when there are rippling muscles to be seen... (OTHERWISE... why else would I watch it???)


As you can guess, this is about the great Prince (Watch me jump and ripple everywhere) Dastan of Persia...

Having never played the game before and not being a big fan of Jaky Gyllenhaal (I keep picturing him in Brokeback)... I was quite amazed that the show was quite enjoyable...

Quite...

And I was wondering why the chick (Gemma Arteton) playing Princess Tamina was so familiar looking...


And then I recalled, she played the rather dubios character of Io in Clash of the Titans as the love interest opposite Sam Worthington...

So it seems she has the same taste in men as I do... rippling muscles trying to save the world... (Okay, I don't really.. but heck!)

And the Great Gandhi.. I mean... Ben Kingsley... who has the role of the evil nemesis



The plot of the movie was pretty easy to follow and entertaining... explains how a rugrat from the streets of Persia caught the attention of the King to become his adopted son... then flash forwards to the present time where the adopted prince (Jake Brokeback) and his two brothers are on the verge of invading the holy city of Alamut...

Now I enjoyed the movie right up to the ending... methinks, the director just wanted to finish the movie off and end it quickly...

If, the said sands of time was over used and went back too far in time (longer than the given 1 minute), then how is it that the movie ending wasn't a catastrophic end of the world scene???

Why do people need to forget the past? Why can't dead people stay dead? Why are they all speaking with bad English accents? Why is Princess Tamina wearing such sexy clothing in the dessert?

So many questions unanswered....

Enjoyable to an extent... but I have no idea how they will ever make a sequel to this movie having erased nearly all of the happenings and relationships at the end of the movie...

So... I give it a 3 out of 5... just for rippling muscles and sexy girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this with your friends!

Popular Posts